Transfer Credit Policy

Course work which may be eligible for transfer credit can include course work taken prior to a student’s matriculation at Vassar, as well as course work done on a Vassar approved Junior Year Abroad, a domestic academic leave of absence, and summer course work taken at other institutions. With the exception of pre-matriculation course work, students are expected to have courses pre-approved for transfer credit if they plan to take them at institutions outside of Vassar.

Courses which are ineligible for transfer credit include ungraded courses, ungraded field work, online courses, courses done at unaccredited institutions, courses which come under the category of pre-professional or vocational, continuing education courses (CEU’s), and course work taken on a personal leave of absence.

Transfer credit may be earned both prior to matriculating at Vassar and while a student is a degree candidate. A maximum of 4 units of pre-matriculation credit of this type will be awarded.